Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/21 01:05:51 UTC

funnel analytics, how to query for reports etc.

Would cassandra be a good choice for creating a funnel analytics type
product similar to mixpanel?

e.g.  You create a set of events and store them in cassandra for things
like:

event#1 user visited product page
event#2 user added product to shopping cart
event#3 user clicked on checkout page
event#4 user filled out cc information
event#5 user purchased product

Now in my web application I track each user and store the events somehow in
cassandra (in some column family etc)

Now how will I pull a report that produces results like:

70% of people added to shopping cart
20% checkout page
10% filled out cc information
4% purchased the product

And this is for a Saas, so this report would be for thousands of customers
in theory.

Re: funnel analytics, how to query for reports etc.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Too bad Rainbird isn't open sourced yet!
It's been 2 years, I would not hold your breath.

Remembered there are two time series open source projects out there
https://github.com/deanhiller/databus
https://github.com/Pardot/Rhombus

Cheers

-----------------