Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chris Hill <ch...@wolfram.com> on 2001/03/29 22:59:16 UTC

DOCTYPE without subsets

SAXParser::setValidationScheme takes Val_Auto as an option.

Val_Auto is documented as "turn on validation if any internal/external DTD
subset have been seen"

The actual meaning appears to be turn on validation if a doctype
declaration has been seen.

I also noticed that my DocTypeHandler does not get called if there are no
subsets which seems wrong.  A doctype without an internal or external
subset is legal (although not particularly useful) and should be passed on
to the doctypeDecl function.

Chris