Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Rick Bullotta <Ri...@lighthammer.com> on 2005/07/21 09:54:17 UTC

xsl:include issue?

We're having a very strange issue with Xalan when a proxy server is
assigned (using the system property http.proxyHost).

Any stylesheets that have an xsl:include with a relative path, such as
../MyFolder/MyStylesheet.xsl, fail loading with the following error:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Had IO Exception ...

Is this a bug?  Any workarounds?

Many thanks,

Rick Bullotta
VP, Manufacturing Applications Solutions Mgmt.

SAP Labs, LLC
350 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 110
Exton, PA  19341. USA

http://www.sap.com/manufacturing

Re: xsl:include issue?

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
It sounds like a bug of resolving relative URI. Please open a bug report @
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ

It will help to identify the problem, if you can specify the scenario in
more detail and copy more message from the error report.

Thanks,

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

"Rick Bullotta" <Ri...@lighthammer.com>
07/21/2005 03:54 AM
Please respond to
xalan-dev

<xa...@xml.apache.org>
cc

Subject

Re: xsl:include issue?

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Rick.

"Rick Bullotta" <Ri...@lighthammer.com> wrote on 2005-07-21
03:54:17 AM:
> We're having a very strange issue with Xalan when a proxy server is
> assigned (using the system property http.proxyHost).
>
> Any stylesheets that have an xsl:include with a relative path, such as
> ../MyFolder/MyStylesheet.xsl, fail loading with the following error:
>
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Had IO Exception ...
>
> Is this a bug?  Any workarounds?

     I believe that if no system ID is provided for a stylesheet, and a
relative URI has to be resolved, Xalan-J will fall back to using the value
of the user.dir system property as a base URI.  Attempting to get the
value of the user.dir property may throw a SecurityException.  It's
possible that that's what is happening in your scenario.

     If that's the case, the solution is to ensure the system ID of the
Source object for the stylesheet is set properly - for instance, by using
the Source.getSystemId(String).  The system ID can be inferred in some
situations - for instance, if you create the Source object using the
StreamSource(String) or the StreamSource(File) constructor - but not in
all cases.

     I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Henry