Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2002/08/13 00:50:28 UTC

commitment to supporting schema model long-term?

Hi All,

In package org.apache.xerces.impl.xs I found classes that should enable me
to "work" with schemas, i.e. find out information about inheritance
hierachies, element types and so on. I would like somebody to tell me if
Xerces developers are committed to developing and maintaining this
long-term?

My open-source project GML4J http://www.sf.net/projects/gml4j has its own
rudimentary "schema parser", which is pretty sufficient for most of GML4J
needs, but I'd be glad to replace it with something better to enable me to
focus on GML-specific functionality. This is one of the problems one
encounters in trying to build an API that works with any application schema
based on a general schema framework such as GML.

If there is no such committment among Xerces developers, could somebody
recommend another schema API?

thx
Alex