Posted to users@maven.apache.org by eg...@post.ch on 2003/12/12 14:49:02 UTC

Properties scope between plugin

When defining propert "a.b" in plugin aPlugin, then using the bPlugin,
is it possible to access default properties defined in aPlugin (e.g.
${a.b})?

I tried, and i faild. Is there a workaround?

Cheers,
simon

Re: Properties scope between plugin

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
egglersim@post.ch wrote:

>When defining propert "a.b" in plugin aPlugin, then using the bPlugin,
>is it possible to access default properties defined in aPlugin (e.g.
>${a.b})?
>
>I tried, and i faild. Is there a workaround?

workaround for what ? what did you try ?

something like this should work :from the bPlugin plugin.jelly :

<j:set var="aB" value="${pom.getPluginContext('aPlugin').getVariable('a.b')}"/>

or (if the tag is included in rc1) :

<maven:pluginVar var="aB" plugin="aPlugin" property="a.b" />

please note that ive never tested the later. example of the later @ : http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@maven.apache.org/msg06094.html

-- gd