Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jo...@springventuregroup.com> on 2015/10/15 23:40:09 UTC

Rar Deployment and tomee.xml configuration

Hey guys,

I've read through the mailing list posts on this subject and I _still_
can't get this to work.

I'm trying to deploy Adam Bien's transactional file adapter:
https://github.com/AdamBien/connectorz/tree/master/files to the server

Here's the EJB:

@Stateless
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
public class SupportingDocService {
@Inject
private Logger log;
@Resource(name = "ra/files/asset-track")
private BucketStore bucketStore;
}

I've added this to tomee.xml:
<Deployments dir="apps" />

And deployed the jca-file-store.rar to apps/ TomEE unpacks the rar. But how
do you configure it? I need to name the resource "ra/files/asset-track" and
set the rootDirectory property.

--
Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject

Re: Rar Deployment and tomee.xml configuration

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jo...@springventuregroup.com>.
boom. Figured it out, it was sort of a bug in the JCA connector. Stopped
the debugger to see what interfaces the connection implents:
allocateConnection.getClass().getInterfaces()
(java.lang.Class<T>[]) [interface org.connectorz.files.Bucket]

But the original code assumes it's getting a FileBucket back:
@Override
public FileBucket getBucket() {
out.println("#FileBucketStore.getConnection " + this.cm + " MCF: " +
this.mcf);
try {
return (FileBucket) cm.allocateConnection(mcf, getConnectionRequestInfo());
} catch (ResourceException ex) {
throw new RuntimeException(ex.getMessage());
}
}

Quick fix:
@Override
public Bucket getBucket() {
out.println("#FileBucketStore.getConnection " + this.cm + " MCF: " +
this.mcf);
try {
return (Bucket) cm.allocateConnection(mcf, getConnectionRequestInfo());
} catch (ResourceException ex) {
throw new RuntimeException(ex.getMessage());
}
}

NOW WE'RE COOKING WITH PEANUT OIL

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jo...@springventuregroup.com>.