Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Eduardo Díaz <ia...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/26 18:13:07 UTC

Saving a lot of documents, too slow

Hi,

I am using jackrabbit for several projects as a document repository and it
was working pretty well, but I'm having problems with one system in
particular, let me describe the situation:

* By slow I mean from 40 seconds to about 2 minutes.
* I am saving pdf documents each one is about 100kb in size.
* I generate about 20 documents in a minute.
* Each document is saved in it's own session.
* This only happens under load, when I generate a single document it is
saved in seconds.
* Lookup is fast enough, taking just a few seconds.

I don't know a lot about jackrabbit internals, but I think it might be the
lucene indexing what's taking so long.

So, is it possible to fine tune something to get a better time?

Thank you very much in advance!

Eduardo Díaz

http://about.me/ediazr

Re: Saving a lot of documents, too slow

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Eduardo Díaz <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...* By slow I mean from 40 seconds to about 2 minutes...

Looks similar to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13570441/jackrabbit-saving-a-lot-of-documents-too-slow
- I've made some suggestions there.

-Bertrand

Re: Saving a lot of documents, too slow

Posted by mmjose26 <mm...@yahoo.com.mx>.
Can you describe what Jackrabbit version are you using and what configuration
?

I had similar issues with Jackrabbit < 2.2.10  and Oracle Database due to an
issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2892.
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2892.>

Now I'm Using 2.4.3 and works fine!