Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/12 18:50:15 UTC

Re: Controller settings and process groups

Uwe,

Services defined in the Controller Settings are available to Reporting
Tasks and other services defined there. Services defined within a Process
Group are available to descendent components. To create a service that is
available to all components in the flow, define it in the root Process
Group.

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/kbentry/90259/understanding-controller-service-availability-in-a.html

Matt

Posted by Andrew Lim <an...@gmail.com>.
Uwe,

The User Guide was updated in version 1.3.0 to better describe how controller settings are scoped.

-Drew