Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bshepherd <br...@ngc.com> on 2008/10/03 20:47:41 UTC

Re: Dependency licenses

I can follow the link in my browser, but how do you check out the code so I
can build it. It sounds exactly what I need.
Thanks

Re: Dependency licenses

Posted by Julien Graglia <jg...@netceler.com>.
Le lundi 27 octobre 2008 à 14:48 +1100, James William Dumay a écrit :
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 10:13 -0700, bshepherd wrote:
> >
> > Would like to see this plugin in central. It helped me alot.
> >
> > Brian
>
> Good news - I've released the maven-licenses-plugin 0.1 and it should be
> up on the central repository in a few hours time.
>
> There is a distinct lack of documentation at the moment but I will be
> working on this plugin quite a bit in the next few weeks - so let me
> know if there is anything I can do to make it better.
>
> Cheers,
> James
It's funny, I have developped a similar plugin for my personal
(professional) use. it is  in alpha stage but it has the same
functionnality of your maven-licenses-plugin.

The functionnality I have developped are :
 - generate a licenses report in site phase
 - dl licenses in a folder
 - support the concept of "origin country" of an artifact : basically I
need the name, desc, vers, license AND country of origin of all
dependencies. the country can't be found in the pom so I use an external
file to says that that groupid is from USA, that groupId:artifactId is
from UK, etc..
  - store licenses in a cache mapped on the URL.

--
Julien Graglia
NetCeler

Re: Dependency licenses

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.

Re: Dependency licenses

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.
Cool Brian I'm glad you liked it. Ill see if I can get a version of it
up on central for you shortly.

James

Re: Dependency licenses

Posted by bshepherd <br...@ngc.com>.