Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ravi <ex...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/16 23:19:11 UTC

websockets in 5.4.0: Anyone got the clients working ? ...

browser: Chrome   OS: Ubuntu 10.4

I followed the instructions for both stomple & stomp-websockets (Clients
section http://activemq.apache.org/websockets.html)
There is no indication either one can connect to the broker successfully.

Anyone got either of them working ? What's the sauce I am missing ?

stomp-websockets (
http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/activemq-54-stomp-over-web-sockets.html)
--------------------------

It says 'Opening web socket' and just hangs

stomple  (followed instructions like above and pointed browser to
 demo/stomple/test/all.html)
-----------

Almost all the tests that need successful connection fail. In activemq log I
see ...

ERROR | handle failed?
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: !utf8
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.Utf8StringBuilder.append(Utf8StringBuilder.java:122)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketParser.parseNext(WebSocketParser.java:147)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketConnection.handle(WebSocketConnection.java:75)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.server.bio.SocketConnector$ConnectorEndPoint.run(SocketConnector.java:252)
at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: websockets in 5.4.0: Anyone got the clients working ? ...

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

after upgrading Jetty
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2972) everything seems
to work fine again. You can test the latest snapshot from

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.5-SNAPSHOT/

Bob, there's no official todo list, but here's what I have on mind
(all this should get into Jira):

1. Include one client in the distribution, along with the example
2. Create tests (using that client) that will ensure things don't
break in the future
3. Update documentation

If you have any other requirements/problems, please raise a Jira. And
of course, every contribution is welcomed :)

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by Bobby Richards <bo...@gmail.com>.
Dejan,