Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rajiv Nanduani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 12:18:27 UTC

remote server distributed testing JMETER: Analysis the output which is better to run from where ????

Hi All,

I have performed a testing with Jmeter. I have to Analysis the output which
is better to run from where ????  Please help me out on this

I have two machines. One is in INDIA and second in US( client side)

I have also remote access of remote machine(Linux machine in US)

I have executed same request for 5 minutes with 1 thread  from every
location and getting the below output.

1. Executed from india local windows machine (Windows in INDIA)
2. Executed from US by using remote machine access (Linux machine in US )
3. Executed  from India in US machine by using remote server distributed
testing JMETER

>From local machine Windows in INDIA

Scenarios

# of Transactions

Avg Time (Milli Sec)

Min Time (Milli Sec)

Max Time (Milli Sec)

Std Dev (Milli Sec)

Error %

Throughput/Sec

KB/Sec

             Avg Bytes

MobileFAQ

99

821

261

7399

1355.12

0.00

1.22

133.90

112641

>From Linux machine in US

Scenarios

# of Transactions

Avg Time (Milli Sec)

Min Time (Milli Sec)

Max Time (Milli Sec)

Std Dev (Milli Sec)

Error %

Throughput/Sec

KB/Sec

             Avg Bytes

MobileFAQ

10085

17

12

826

19.43

0.00

56.03

6163.14

112641

Remote Server from Windows to Linux machine

Scenarios

# of Transactions

Avg Time (Milli Sec)

Min Time (Milli Sec)

Max Time (Milli Sec)

Std Dev (Milli Sec)

Error %

Throughput/Sec

KB/Sec

             Avg Bytes

MobileFAQ

89

22

15

221

24.32

0.00

0.50

55.00

112641

--

Regards

*RAJIV <http://testeverythingrajiv.com/>
KUMAR<http://rajivkumarnandvani.wordpress.com/>
NANDVANI <http://testeverythingqtp.blogspot.com>*

Re: remote server distributed testing JMETER: Analysis the output which is better to run from where ????

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour

>From the data, you are running a test of approx 2500-3000 concurrent users.
If you run it from India, there is a approx lag of 1000ms and hence the
transaction difference of 100 (India) with a response time of 1000ms to
10000 (USA) with a response time of 20ms. The remote server distributed
testing seems not to be adding about 800ms to the result of response time
and hence shows about 20ms as the response time (Although it restricts the
number of transactions to be about 100). Looks like a skewed result.

Deepak

   --
Keigu

Deepak