Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/19 23:46:21 UTC

Printing specified pages with Appache FOP

Hi,

I am using Appache FOP 0.93 to create PDF output and print outs from
XML and XLS-FO file. I am invoking the FOP through the provided
FOB.bat file passing the command line arguements for xml file, xsl
file and the -print option. I would like to know how to provide the
"From Page" and "To Page" options to the FOP to print the specified
number of pages.

FOP.bat  -xml Data.xml -xsl FO_Template.xsl -print

how to specify the -Dstart=2 and -Dend=4

The following statement does not work

FOP.bat  -xml Data.xml -xsl FO_Template.xsl -print -Dstart=2 -Dend=4

Please provide inputs on this.

Thanks,
Ram

Re: [SPAM] Printing specified pages with Appache FOP

Posted by Luis Ferro <lf...@teladigital.pt>.

Ram-21 wrote:

> FOP.bat  -xml Data.xml -xsl FO_Template.xsl -print
>
> FOP.bat  -xml Data.xml -xsl FO_Template.xsl -print -Dstart=2 -Dend=4

The print command seams to only accept a .fo as argument (from the fop.bat
help):

  Fop foo.fo -print or
  Fop -print foo.fo

USAGE: -print [-Dstart=i] [-Dend=i] [-Dcopies=i] [-Deven=true|false]
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop (..) -print
Example:
java -Dstart=1 -Dend=2 org.apache.Fop.apps.Fop infile.fo -print

So, if you produce first the fo file, and call it infile.fo, you can then
"print" with the following command:

FOP -Dstart=2 -Dend=4 infile.fo -print

(i'm following the fop usage hints mind, not tested it myself)

Cheers,
Luis Ferro