Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/19 14:19:57 UTC

Reloading

Hi,
I am using Tomcat 6.0. The context is set to autoreload.
When I change the JSP the pages are publish and the context are not restart.
When I change the java files the context is restarting .
I am using struts 2 framework and extending its template framework. The
new template files, which are base on freemaker, "should be" stored in WEB-INF\classes\template\myNewTemplate
Here is the problem when I change one of these freemaker files, the tomcat restarts the context!
Is
 it because this file is under WEB-INF\classes? If yes, can
 I configure tomcat to ignore the changes in this folder?

~Regards,
~~Alireza Fattahi

Re: Reloading

Posted by Daniel Mikusa <dm...@gopivotal.com>.
On Aug 19, 2013, at 8:19 AM, Alireza Fattahi <af...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Tomcat 6.0.

Which one?  Try to be more specific.

> The context is set to autoreload.
> When I change the JSP the pages are publish and the context are not restart.

This is different from context reloading.  See the JSP configuration options here.

   http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Configuration

> When I change the java files the context is restarting .
> I am using struts 2 framework and extending its template framework. The
> new template files, which are base on freemaker, "should be" stored in WEB-INF\classes\template\myNewTemplate
> Here is the problem when I change one of these freemaker files, the tomcat restarts the context!
> Is it because this file is under WEB-INF\classes?

My thought is that this happens because your application is loading these resources through the class loader.  If that's the case, then I would expect this to trigger a reload when you change one of them.

Maybe try setting the log level for "org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader" to FINE.  I believe that should give you some output to indicate the files that Tomcat detects as modified.

> If yes, can I configure tomcat to ignore the changes in this folder?

Set reloadable to "false".

Dan

Re: Reloading

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.