Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sachin <sa...@netzero.net> on 2009/03/06 16:02:10 UTC

CJKAnalyzer and Chinese Text sort

For some reasons this never made to the mailing list, hence re-posting.
Hi All,
Is there any way to sort Chinese text in solr? We have currently setup schema.xml to use CJKAnalyzer/CJKTokenizer for analyzing/tokenizing the text and sort is done on a field which only uses KeywordTokenizerFactory and TrimFilterFactory. But the text doesn't seem to be sorted either on Pinyin or strokes (as far as I know these are two ways in which Chinese text can be sorted) and the return order of the result seems to be completely random if sort order on a text field is specified. Is there any way to make solr sorting locale/collation aware (I don't mind hard-wiring any Chinese related configuration in the schema.xml as this index will only store Chinese text)?

We are using solr 1.2.

Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
SN

Click now to find great remedies for hangovers!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/BLSrjnxWYu1kdWcEgElS7NVOMP6U7dyRdCtRqCcbWNKeyERGrCw9wdrHE8Q/