Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2018/03/30 15:12:28 UTC

Re: Planning for 0.6 release

 Thanks everyone who peer reviewed the changes that we merged in over the
last week.

I think we’re ready to get started on a release?  The three remaining
tickets in Sprint 0.6.0 can be done in tandem with the release.

Anyone want to volunteer for release manager?

Steve

On Feb 15, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> wrote:

Hello,

We’ve made some big changes that I think warrant another release.

- Incorporate streams-examples into apache-streams repo
- Revamped streams-config for more flexibility and ease of use

I’d like to also try to incorporate the following in this cycle and plan to
implement this month:

STREAMS-581: Add and Implement 'FullArchiveSearch' interface in
streams-provider-twitter (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-581)
STREAMS-578: Add and Implement 'AllAccountActivity' interface in
streams-provider-twitter (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-578)
STREAMS-584: Upgrade to Juneau 7.1.0 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-584)
STREAMS-551: Add a distribution binary and container (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-551)

There is an immediate opportunity supporting Apache Kibble with social
media data once we have released a binary / container.

In order to do a binary release we need to do (at least) the following:

STREAMS-501: build a full dependency license report (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-501)
STREAMS-479: build comprehensive NOTICE file(s) including all transitive
dependencies (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-479)

There are also plenty of simple changes on the JIRA board that could be
wrapped up in the next month and incorporate in 0.6 as well (hint hint):

STREAMS-514: Scope scala-lang and scala-reflect optional in streams-pojo (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-514)
STREAMS-573: Change default scala from 2.10 to 2.11 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-573)
STREAMS-554: Intermittent failure in
org.apache.streams.twitter.test.data.TwitterObjectMapperIT (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-554)
STREAMS-503: MediaLink class is not being generated in streams-pojo (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-503)
STREAMS-577: Evaluate Streams TLP Website Check (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-577)
STREAMS-576: Generate svg diagrams for website with maven, rather than with
a manual step (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-576)
STREAMS-487: Test data originating within modules, used in other modules,
should be a stand-alone artifact. (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-487)

sblackmon@apache.org

Re: Planning for 0.6 release

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
All the PRs related to the new binary and license inventory look like they're closed and merged so it's time to cut the RC (will be off of afdae22).

I'll start this this evening so look forward to a vote.

-joey

Re: Planning for 0.6 release

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
I'll take RM.

I'm only seeing the NOTICE update for STREAMS-479 remaining. I added STREAMS-589 for cutting 0.6.0 RC1.