Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Publius <t_...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/21 19:36:01 UTC

Questions from a newbie to Hadoop

 Hello

I am new to hadoop and trying to learn it

I want to set up Psuedo distributed mode on my windows vista (32 bit) machine to experiment with?

I am having great difficulty locating the correct software(s) to do this?

JDK1.6 or JDK1.7, exclipse?
oracle VM box, VMplayer, etc
CH4, hortonworks, or just apache hadoop?

I have tried to load and run VMplayer and hortonworks Hadoop so far,
but the horton works version is set up for 64 bit and my poor vista machine is 32 bit :(

can someone offer advice on how to do this?

Please help IF able

If somone wanst to email offline that if fine also

Troy

KMG 365

Re: Questions from a newbie to Hadoop

Posted by Devin Suiter RDX <ds...@rdx.com>.