Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2012/09/17 00:29:22 UTC

Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed

Hi All

Do we have any OpenStreetMap experts in the house? For the ApacheCon
Europe venue page on the site, we'd really like a map showing the main
roads, the railway and the two stations, the main hotels, the venue, but
not much else.

Is someone able to knock up a suitable stylesheet to render a more focused
map? Should ideally cover the same sort of area as this normal map:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/export/embed.html?bbox=8.86443,49.23566,8.90258,49.25583&amp;layer=mapnik
Only with a simpler / more focused set of things, to help people get to
and from the venue but not much else.

Any takers? Only it's been a few years since I last did a custom OSM
rendering, and all the tools have changed since then...

Cheers
Nick

Re: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@apache.org>.
maps.google.com -> create map -> place markers -> share.

Don't over-engineer.

Uli

Fwd: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
FYI Nick...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>
> Date: September 16, 2012 4:37:43 PM PDT
> To: <si...@incubator.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed
>
> Here is a quick and dirty map. https://tiles.mapbox.com/adamestrada/map/map-ksr442nd
>
> It can be embedded with the following iframe.
>
> <iframe width='500' height='300' frameBorder='0' src='http://a.tiles.mapbox.com/v3/adamestrada.map-ksr442nd.html#10/49.25265243643408/8.880600929260238'></iframe>
>

> On Sep 16, 2012, at 7:07 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>>
>> Date: September 16, 2012 3:29:22 PM PDT
>> To: <ap...@apache.org>>
>> Subject: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Do we have any OpenStreetMap experts in the house? For the ApacheCon Europe venue page on the site, we'd really like a map showing the main roads, the railway and the two stations, the main hotels, the venue, but not much else.
>>
>> Is someone able to knock up a suitable stylesheet to render a more focused map? Should ideally cover the same sort of area as this normal map:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/export/embed.html?bbox=8.86443,49.23566,8.90258,49.25583&amp;layer=mapnik
>> Only with a simpler / more focused set of things, to help people get to and from the venue but not much else.
>>
>> Any takers? Only it's been a few years since I last did a custom OSM rendering, and all the tools have changed since then...
>>
>> Cheers
>> Nick

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Fwd: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
FYI Nick...

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Adam great can you send this to the  discuss list referenced in the initial thread?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Awesome, thanks Martin! Be sure to reply to the apachecon-discuss list if you guys
find something thanks!

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Fwd: Any OpenStreetMap experts out there? ACEU local area map needed

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.
Hello Chris

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Sent from my iPhone