Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/04 10:57:36 UTC

T5: Exception in Autocomplete mixin

Hi

After skipping T4 i decided to give T5 a try.
All 'seems' to come along just fine except for something that has been
baffling me for 2d already now ..

Situation/ environment:
The project is always the same and checked out from svn and runs fine on: a
MacBook Pro with Ubuntu 9.04 within Galileo (Tomcat 6) .. (it is the
quickstart achetype, extended a bit)

The following exception occurs on a:
- MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard & Eclipse 3.5 *and *on a,
- Ubuntu 9.04 on a Mac Pro (the big one) with Eclipse Galileo as well

<Exception>
An unexpected application exception has occurred.

java.lang.ClassFormatError
Invalid length 112 in LocalVariableTable in class file
org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/mixins/Autocomplete
Hide uninteresting stack frames Stack trace
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
</Exception>

As such one would say compare the setups and the diff should be the cause ..
matbe i need glasses but nothing yet.

Question:
What could be the cause of the exception, i.e. where do i start to look to
get this discrepancy ticked off?

Tia,

Fermin DCG

--
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
depends on the unreasonable man.”

Re: T5: Exception in Autocomplete mixin

Posted by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@dcgconsultancy.nl>.
Did you also see the same behaviour across platform and hardware?
Fair enough if it doesn't run properly on 1.6 (not ok but as long as it does
it consistently).
The thing that really puzzles me is the fact that *all* *is* running fine on
Ubuntu on a MacBook but exactly the same situation on a Macpro tanks .. !

Maybe it isn't javassist but java itself and the hardware it runs on?
OSX & java is one flavour, Ubuntu on MacPro != Ubuntu on MacBook

Although i'm not liking the situation i'm *not* convinced it is due to T5
and its approach to bytecode manipulation.
I would be very hard pressed to believe there are only 2 persons working
with J6.
Time permitting i'll try to test it as well on a 64b XP virtualbox.

Spring? Never been there and wil never go .. ;-)

Thx for the feedback for now.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fermin Da Costa Gomez <da...@dcgconsultancy.nl>.

>  java.lang.ClassFormatError
>> Invalid length 112 in LocalVariableTable in class file
>>

> This surely looks like a Javassist bug. What Java version are you using?
> Meanwhile, try recompiling your sources and reducing the length of event
> handler methods.

MacBook/Ubuntu:
java version "1.6.0_16"

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Sun, 04 Oct 2009 05:57:36 -0300, Fermin Da Costa Gomez
<da...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi

Hi!