Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Yom-Tov <jo...@sysaid.com> on 2020/02/16 15:06:10 UTC

cloud cluster

hi,

What kind of configuration do people usually use when deploying on a public
cloud (e.g. AWS)? An auto-scaling cluster with session replication? A
auto-scaling cluster with all sessions stored in an external cache?

Jon.

Re: cloud cluster

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Martin,

On 2/19/20 07:22, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:55 PM Jonathan Yom-Tov <
> jonathan.yomtov@sysaid.com> wrote:
>
>> hi Chris,
>>
>> Do you have a link? I wasn't able to find one on Google, unless
>> you
mean
>> https://bitnami.com/stack/tomcat/helm.
>>

> I think Chris meant the **MembershipProvider classes at

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/master/java/org/apache/catalina/tr
ibes/membership/cloud

Exactly. It's still in early stages, which is why it's not (yet)
documented in the Tomcat user's guide.

Rémy, what's your opinion on whether this would be appropriate to use
in production? At this point, YMMV, of course, but ... does it work
reasonably well?

- -chris

>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:44 PM Christopher Schultz <
>> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>>
> Jon,

> Rémy Mucharat has recently been developing Kubernetes-based
> cluster membership capabilities. So if you are using Kubernetes,
> you might want to look into using that.
>
> -chris

>> -- [image: SysAid Technologies] <

http://www.sysaid.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaig
n=sysaid-logo

>> Jonathan Yom-Tov Senior Architect jonathan.yomtov@sysaid.com
>> Phone (IL): +972 (3) 533-3675 Ext. 932 [image: SysAid
>> Technologies] <

https://www.sysaid.com/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campai
gn=sysaid-logo-icon

Re: cloud cluster