Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2015/01/05 16:10:42 UTC

Prevent Tapestry from redirecting non existing pages to index.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if Tapestry has a configuration setting some
where to prevent the framework from redirecting non existing pages to
the Index. This creates an SEO nightmare when pages are removed from
the app, but still exist in the search engines index. They end up
seeing the index page as having two URL's with duplicate meta tags
which crushes your page rank. A desired behavior would be to redirect
them to a page not found. If anybody knows of an easy way to do to
this, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Prevent Tapestry from redirecting non existing pages to index.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry-routing (http://tynamo.org/tapestry-routing+guide) explicitly
doesn't allow Index pages but lets you specify context-less routes instead
and gives 404 for anything else. I've always thought that's the way it
should work by default.

Kalle

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Okay great, that seems pretty simple. Thanks

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk> wrote:
> yeah, examine the eventcontext and return an error/error page or whatever,
> if it does not contain what you expect.
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM, George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So are you saying throw an exception if the home page onActivate
>> contains any type of activation context?
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>
>> wrote:
>> > A strict onActivate in the index page can handle this
>> >
>> > On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:10 PM, George Christman <
>> gchristman@cardaddy.com>

>> --
>> George Christman
>> CEO
>> www.CarDaddy.com
>> P.O. Box 735
>> Johnstown, New York

George Christman
CEO
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: Prevent Tapestry from redirecting non existing pages to index.

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.