Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/12 18:07:18 UTC

New Comment Bot

Hi,

Since the Ursa-labs machines are down @ursabot comment
bot was not operational. Luckily Github Actions is able to
listen on more kinds of Github events like the issue_comment,
so I've ported [1] the comment bot to work without the buildbot
buildmaster.
So the comment bot is available again with the same interface
(mostly at least, running benchmarks and retriggering builds
are not yet supported, but now everyone can easily add
custom commands) just under a different name.

Previously:
@ursabot crossbow submit -g wheel
Now:
@github-actions crossbow submit -g wheel

Example is here [2], -g stands for a task group.

Regards,

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/7fede00f2ffa7f979aaa9cf558820a7f985efd8e
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/6583#issuecomment-598336677

Re: New Comment Bot

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Great work! GitHub Actions has been a huge boon to the project on so
many fronts. Let's hope that GitHub / Microsoft keep up the free open
source project resources.

Re: New Comment Bot

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Krisztián!