Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2014/01/28 02:42:31 UTC

Any plans for the first incubator release?

Hi!

what are the current plans/schedule for driving
the first Incubator release of DataFU?

Don't assume it has to have some extra functionality
compared to 1.2.0. It just needs to be the one that
follows the Apache Release process, but the bits
themselves can stay as closed to a previous release
as you guys might like.

The reason I'm asking this is two-fold: on one hand
getting the first release done is a very good way to
hit the ground running in the incubator. Also, we're
planning a Bigtop 0.8.0 release right now and having
DataFu there as an incubating ASF component rather
than a GitHub project would be really nice.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Any plans for the first incubator release?

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.
Okay great.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have a question about the wikis.  I see some projects have wikis here:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/FrontPage

Other projects have wikis here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dashboard.action

What is the difference between these two?

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.