Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2007/10/10 15:59:02 UTC

HELP - repository central will be blacklisted

Hi all,

I have just installed maven under linux red hat system.

The first test I've done was:
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

and it doesn't work, the error is the following:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13136436/error.jpg

Then I tried to configure proxy as suggested here
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

But the error remains!

I'm sure to ha configured properly the proxy, in fact I have another maven
installation in WIndows and it works!

Any help?
Thanks
Raffaele

Re: HELP - repository central will be blacklisted

Posted by knaas <kn...@biglots.com>.
This is old, and you may have figured out your issue, but this is what worked
for us.

We had our artifactory configured to use both apache's official maven
release and snaphot repositories.  We also had our settings.xml set to be a
mirrorOf "*" so that everything would go to our artifactory repo.

I couldn't figure out why it kept complaining about
maven-archetype-plugin:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT.  Well, its because the snapshot in
the apache repository is probably busted!  I added the
maven-archetype-plugin to the excludes pattern for the apache snapshot repo
and voila, it works.

<remoteRepository>
	    <key>apache-m2-snapshots</key>
	    <description>maven.org snapshot repository</description>
	    <handleReleases>false</handleReleases>
	    <handleSnapshots>true</handleSnapshots>
	    <!-- the maven-archetype-plugin is completely screwed up in the m2
snapshots -->

<excludesPattern>org/artifactory/**,org/jfrog/**,org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/**</excludesPattern>
	    <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
        </remoteRepository>

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like "something else" is going on in your setup (computer,
network, proxy, antivirus, etc). I'm unable to help you fix things as
your troubles are most likely specific to your situation.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.