Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2013/03/27 21:49:46 UTC

[ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.4.1 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Release Plugin, version 2.4.1

This plugin is used to release a project with Maven, saving a lot of
repetitive, manual work. Releasing a project is made in two steps: prepare
and perform.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.4.1</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Release Plugin - Version 2.4.1

** Bug
     * [MRELEASE-818] - release:perform ignores localCheckout=true
     * [MRELEASE-819] - preparationGoals parameter supported before version
2.4

** Improvement
     * [MRELEASE-820] - Upgrade Plexus Utils dependency

** Task
     * [MRELEASE-830] - Fall back to SCM-1.7 until git status --porcelain
issues are resolved

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.4.1 Released

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrei,

the benefits of SCM-1.8 and SCM-1.8.1 are less then the pains, especially
for GIT users, so with MRELEASE-830 I've reverted that dependency back to
1.7 until we've fixed those issues.

Robert