Posted to users@maven.apache.org by alexsil <al...@zucchetti.it> on 2008/02/05 18:08:50 UTC

Release plugin (prepare) doesn't update more than one dependencies in multi modules project

Hi all,
I have a project so structured:

au --------  au-business

         |---  au-sistema

Dependencies in au are:

<dependencyManagement>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.au</groupId>
			<artifactId>au-business</artifactId>
   			<version>${project.version}</version>
		</dependency>

	<!--  external dependencies-->
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
			<artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
			<version>03.00.02-SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
			<artifactId>business</artifactId>
			<version>03.00.02-SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

Dependencies in au-business are:
<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
			<artifactId>business</artifactId>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

Dependencies in au-sistema are:
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.au</groupId>
			<artifactId>au-business</artifactId>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
			<artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

When I make a mvn release:clean release:prepare  the plugin, correctly, ask
me to resolve SNAPSHOTs dependencies. (framework-business   &&
framework-sistema)
Unfortunatly at the end of the process only framework-sistema has been
modified, while framework-business no.
I've debuged the problem and I found that if I force the two dependencies
(framework-sistema, framework-business) in the parent pom (pom of "au") all
run fine (also if the process to resolve SNAPSHOT dependencies get prompted
tree times ...  too much I say ...).
Is this the correct behavior ?
I hope no, becouse I should  modify al my poms.

Morever , the flag "updateDependencies=false" doesn't run. I think it has
not managed.

Best regards
Alex

Re: Release plugin (prepare) doesn't update more than one dependencies in multi modules project

Posted by Zucchi Alessandro <al...@zucchetti.it>.
Hi all,
I found the time to upload a simple example that reproduce the problem.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p15710300/test.zip test.zip

Step to follow:
1- install project in your repository (updating your SSC url (svn/ cvs ..)
2- run:   mvn -DpreparationGoals=clean,install -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
release:clean release:prepare           on framework project
3- run:    mvn -DpreparationGoals=clean,install -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
release:clean release:prepare           on au project  end resolve all the
SNAPSHOT dependencies prompted (framework business &&  framework sistema)
4- Look at the au root pom.xml. You will see something of similar

<dependency>
	<groupId>test.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
	<artifactId>sistema</artifactId>
        <version>03.00.05-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
	<groupId>test.zucchetti.qweb.framework</groupId>
	<artifactId>business</artifactId>
	<version>03.00.04-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Only one  SNAPSHOT dependency has been correctly updated.
For me this is a bug the I tryed to resolve  with this patch:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/32414/patch.txt
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/attachment/32414/patch.txt

Any help is appreciated
Alex