Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/08/17 19:10:24 UTC

[math] Would code for generating IC50 curves fit here?

Hi all,

I am faced with a needing to generate IC50 (also called EC50) curves for a
project.

A) Does anyone know of any packages that do this?

B) If not, would this be something of interest for Math?

Eric Pugh

RE: [math] Would code for generating IC50 curves fit here?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Al,

You are correct..  Those curves are used for testing data, looking for
"goodness of fit" when plotting a series of data points that should be on a
nice curve.

You are right about more general curve fitting would be the way to go.

I'm hoping to not reinvent the wheel on this, but if I do, I will post it to
[math] as a proposal.

Eric

> I am faced with a needing to generate IC50 (also called EC50) curves for a
> project.
>
> A) Does anyone know of any packages that do this?
>
> B) If not, would this be something of interest for Math?

I don't think we have any curve-fitting code yet.  I think a set of more
widely
used curves (a brief search on Google suggests that IC50/EC50 curves are
used
primarily in pharmacology, is that right?) would be higher on the priority
list, if we were to put curve fitting in scope for some release (it probably
wouldn't be the initial release, given the situation to date).

Al

=====
Albert Davidson Chou

Re: [math] Would code for generating IC50 curves fit here?

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com