Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antonio Trigo <an...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2000/12/05 17:35:40 UTC

OJsp: can not compile Jsp files

I am using the Ojsp from Oracle.
The Apache JServ 1.1 works fine with servlets, but we can not compile jsp
files.
Whenever I try to see a xxx.jsp page I allways see the code and note the
compiled
page.

Any clues ??

Thanks in advanced.

Re: OJsp: can not compile Jsp files

Posted by Steve Weiss <st...@bonampak.org>.
Download the Tomcat source code and try recompiling mod_jk.so using the
apxs included with Apache (in the bin directory). You'll need to modify
the appropriate Makefile to set the correct apxs- I think this is in
<path-to-tomcat>/src/native/apache1.3 (if I remember correctly). Then do
'make -f Makefile.<your-os>'

-S

Olivier Tourdes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to install a 3.2 version of tomcat with Apache 1.3.14.
>
> When I try to start apache I get this:
>
> "Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1 of
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
> Apache module DSO?"
>
> Any ideas ?

> Olivier Tourdes
> E-mail: otourdes@itipi.com
> Site: http://www.i-tipi.fr

"If you watch TV news, you know less about the world than if
you just drank gin straight from the bottle."  - Garrison Keillor

Re: Apache, tomcat and mod_jk

Posted by John Cartwright <jc...@ngdc.noaa.gov>.
I think that you can resolve the problem by compiling mod_jk.so from
source.  See mod_jk-howto.html in $TOMCAT_HOME/docs.

-- john

Olivier Tourdes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to install a 3.2 version of tomcat with Apache 1.3.14.
>
> When I try to start apache I get this:
>
> "Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1 of
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:API module structure `jk_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an
> Apache module DSO?"
>
> Any ideas ?

> Olivier Tourdes
> E-mail: otourdes@itipi.com
> Site: http://www.i-tipi.fr

John Cartwright
Professional Research Assistant / Associate Scientist
CIRES, SEG/NGDC/NOAA
(303) 497-6284
jcartwright@ngdc.noaa.gov

Apache, tomcat and mod_jk