Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Tom Shashaty <ts...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/07 13:36:13 UTC

Help wit Calcite

Hi,

I am trying to find resources to help me understand Calcite better.

I am mainly looking to use Calcite to convert a query based on a logical
model and transform the query to a physical model representation that I can
use to execute against a database.  This would be accomplished using a
logical to Physical model mapping (metadata).

As such, I would need to inspect the query and either

*	Modify the existing query to use Physical model tables, attributes,
joins etc
*	Create a new query based on the Physical model which would be
inferred by the logical query

At the moment, I don't see many good tutorials or well explained examples.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Help wit Calcite

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
This is the sort of situation I'm hoping the notebooks I recently published
will be useful for (link below). I haven't written up any documentation yet
but you can click through to any of the notebooks to see pre-generated
output or click one of the launch buttons to modify the code and play with
it yourself.

https://github.com/michaelmior/calcite-notebooks
--
Michael Mior