Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/06 19:44:24 UTC

I need help building Hadoop 2.0 for windows

I usually run Hadoop on a linux cluster but do most of my development in
single machine mode under windows.
This was fairly straightforward for 0.2. For 1.0 I needed to copy and fix
FileUtils but for 2.0 I am expected to build 2 files from source -
WinUtils.exe and hadoop.dll. There is really only ONE serious windows
configuration: 64 bit intel and NO good reason why these files could not be
available in a binary distribution -
Is anyone using Hadoop 2.X and developing under windows whi can help.
My configuration builds WunUtils.exe but not hadoop.dll and fails trying to
set permission on a staging
file file:/tmp/hadoop-Steve/mapred/staging/Steve2116067144/.staging

I could use help and advice

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE