Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by "Gunasekara, Pannipitiya Arachchige Don Madhawa Kasun Harischandra" <st...@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2020/03/18 12:56:21 UTC

GSOC 2020 Project

Hi All,

I am Madhawa Gunasekara, a Computer Science master student at the University of Stuttgart, and I would like to work on this issue during the summer as a GSoC student. I have good skills in Java, Maven, JUnit, JMS, AMQP, RDBMS, OData and other technologies of the Java Stack. I'm also an Apache Committer and PMC Member of the Gora project. I'm very much new to IoTDB.

I would like to work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-517 issue during the summer as a GSoC student. I already commented on the JIRA ticket. I have worked with database connections pools previously. I would like to suggest to consider hikariCP as well as a good connection pool library [1]. so please could you help me with some documentation about IoTDB's Architecture? Or other resources in order to get started with this issue.

[1] https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP

Cheers,
Madhawa

Re: GSOC 2020 Project

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <hx...@apache.org>.
Hi Madhawa,

I have left comments on the JIRA issue.

To finish a DBCP, you have to know how to use IoTDB first.
IoTDB's session and jdbc modules are the client APIs, while both them use
thrift (rpc.thrift in service-rpc).
IoTDB's client module is a case for using JDBC. More examples can be found
on examples module.

The user guide documents on iotdb.apache.org may help you know more about
how to use IoTDB.
In issue [1], I show more descriptions about IoTDB's schema.

A high-performance DBCP may require adding some feature to the IoTDB
server, rather than only the client-side.
If so, you have to know more about IoTDB's design, Especially about the
Physical plan generation and session (not the session module, I mean a
connection between the client and server) management.
The pr #910[2] may give some help.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/IOTDB/issues/IOTDB-519
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/910

Best,

Gunasekara, Pannipitiya Arachchige Don Madhawa Kasun Harischandra <
st170690@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> 于2020年3月18日周三 下午8:56写道: