Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> on 2007/05/10 21:31:02 UTC

Starting an SE

I am having problems trying to figure out how to make an SE startup
automatically.  I have an SE that I want to have retrieve data from a queue.
Once dequeued, the SE should be able to send this data to an HTTP-Provider
and continue trying to dequeue more data.  I've looked into putting this
loop into the processInOut method for the MyEndpoint class of the SE, and
then just send the dequeued data in the out parameter.  Is this the right
way to go?

Also, how do I configure this SE to start as soon as my SA is deployed?

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com>.
Yes, my data will come from a DB queue.  So I could put the loop in the
MyEndpoint class, correct?  In this loop how would I send a message to an
http provider?

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I don't know where your data comes from, but let's say you want
to load data from a DB.  In such a case, the endpoint would be configured
with a DataSource and maybe some other parameters. The endpoint could
inherit the polling endpoint so that it periodically send an sql request and
send a JBI exchange from the data retrieved.  If you want a real loop, just
use the start / stop method from the endpoint to launch / stop a thread.

On 5/11/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:

> Yes, that is what I assumed from looking at the hello world example.  In
> the
> helloworld example a processInOut method is used to do the business logic.
> What I am trying to figure out is how i can make my business logic start.
> It needs to run a continuous loop.  This loop should start as soon as the
> SE
> is deployed and should be able to continuously send data to an http
> provider.  Something like the following:
>
> while true
> {
>   dequeue data
>   send data to http provider
> }
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Take a look at the HelloWorld SE tutorial on the web site.
> > I guess you will find some useful information.
> > All your business logic should be in the endpoint implementation
> > that will be activated as part of your SU deployment.
> >
> > On 5/10/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Yes, I am deploying an SU to my SE.  So I would do a call to
> addEndpoint
> >> in
> >> the init/start method of the SE?  And the endpoint I am adding would be
> >> the
> >> SU's?
> >>
> >> Also, this dequeue I am doing is custom functionality.  I am wondering
> >> where
> >> to place the custom logic within my SE?

> an

> >> this
> >> loop
> >> data

> startup
> from
> putting
> >> SE,
> the

> Nabble.com.

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com>.

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at the HelloWorld SE tutorial on the web site.
I guess you will find some useful information.
All your business logic should be in the endpoint implementation
that will be activated as part of your SU deployment.

On 5/10/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am deploying an SU to my SE.  So I would do a call to addEndpoint
> in
> the init/start method of the SE?  And the endpoint I am adding would be
> the
> SU's?
>
> Also, this dequeue I am doing is custom functionality.  I am wondering
> where
> to place the custom logic within my SE?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The dequeue will automatically be done when the SE is started and
> > exchanges
> > will be dispatched to activated endpoints.  Note that you can't send an
> > exchange
> > to a component, you have to send it to an endpoint activated by a
> > component.
> > Are you deploying a SU to your SE ? Else you can easily configure an
> > endpoint
> > in the init / start method of the component by using the addEndpoint
> > method.
> >
> > On 5/10/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Ok, so where in the code for an SE is the main processing loop?  Is
> this
> >> method I can override?  I just need somewhere to be able to create a
> loop
> >> that starts trying to call my dequeue logic, and then send dequeued
> data
> >> out
> >> to an http provider.

> >> started

> >> this
> SE,
> >> and
> >> right

> >> deployed?

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Benamin <be...@bisonline.com>.

Re: Starting an SE

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The dequeue will automatically be done when the SE is started and exchanges
will be dispatched to activated endpoints.  Note that you can't send an
exchange
to a component, you have to send it to an endpoint activated by a component.
Are you deploying a SU to your SE ? Else you can easily configure an
endpoint
in the init / start method of the component by using the addEndpoint method.

On 5/10/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:

> Ok, so where in the code for an SE is the main processing loop?  Is this a
> method I can override?  I just need somewhere to be able to create a loop
> that starts trying to call my dequeue logic, and then send dequeued data
> out
> to an http provider.
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The JBI spec defines the lifecycle of SA / SE.
> > If by "starting the SE" you mean "activating the JBI endpoint",
> > it should be done when the SA is started.  Btw, the SE has to be started
> > before the SA is deployed, else the deployment will fail.
> >
> > On 5/10/07, Benamin <be...@bisonline.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> I am having problems trying to figure out how to make an SE startup
> >> automatically.  I have an SE that I want to have retrieve data from a
> >> queue.
> >> Once dequeued, the SE should be able to send this data to an
> >> HTTP-Provider
> >> and continue trying to dequeue more data.  I've looked into putting
> this
> >> loop into the processInOut method for the MyEndpoint class of the SE,
> and
> >> then just send the dequeued data in the out parameter.  Is this the
> right
> >> way to go?
> >>
> >> Also, how do I configure this SE to start as soon as my SA is deployed?
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet