Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ts...@nildram.co.uk on 2002/08/16 12:36:30 UTC

Files in WEB-INF

I'd like to open a file in WEB-INF from my code.  Is there a platform independent way of getting the path to WEB-INF?  We have to deploy on Tomcat and Websphere 4.

ta,

Tim.

Re: Files in WEB-INF

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 tsawyer@nildram.co.uk wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:36:30 BST
> From: tsawyer@nildram.co.uk
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Cc: tsawyer@nildram.co.uk
> Subject: Files in WEB-INF
>
> I'd like to open a file in WEB-INF from my code.  Is there a platform
> independent way of getting the path to WEB-INF?  We have to deploy on
> Tomcat and Websphere 4.

You can do what Struts does to read the configuration file:

    InputStream stream =
      getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml");

> ta,
>
> Tim.

Craig