Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mats Norén <ma...@alma.nu> on 2002/08/23 15:58:41 UTC

Broken SvgSerializer examples in HEAD

Just checked out C2 from CVS and compiled with:
-Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes webapp

Everything went fine but no examples using the SVGSerializer seem to work.

Heres the a part of the stacktrace:

2002-08-23 15:41:11 - Ctx(/cocoon) : Exception in R( /cocoon +
/samples/hello-world/hello.jpg + null) - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:163)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.newPoolable(ResourceLimitingPool.java:629)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.ResourceLimitingPool.get(ResourceLimitingPool.java:359)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.doGet(PoolableComponentHandler.java:188)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentHandler.get(ComponentHandler.java:232)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:201)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.select(ExtendedComponentSelector.java:299)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setSerializer(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:305)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setSerializer(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:185)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:128)

Seems that it can find the some class. Is it the declaration of the
SVGSerializer in the sitemap that is wrong?

The class is there and the declaration seem to be okey.

Has anyone else got problems with this? Is it a known bug?

/Regards Mats

Re: Broken SvgSerializer examples in HEAD

Posted by Mats Norén <ma...@alma.nu>.
Vadim,
I looked in the org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.

If I remove the row:

XMLResourceDescriptor.setCSSParserClassName(CSS_PARSER_CLASS_NAME);

everything works fine.
I saw your comment about it in the source, I don´t know *anything* about
  batik but it didn´t seem like the method call above was necessary
after all? ;)
What´s the purpose of the method call?
BTW the first error I got was a no such method-exception on that row.

/Regards Mats