Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Lalone <fl...@cbd.net> on 2000/11/29 07:15:38 UTC

VHOST

I am confused on how to setup Virtual Host with Tomcat and apache.  My
tomcat-apache.conf file (that worked successful on a test on my server
without vhost) looks like this: (I'm using Unix<Unixware7.1.1 with
Apache1.3.12, and Tomcat3.2)  (these were the default examples on Tomcat3.2)

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType text/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Alias /examples "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/examples"
<Directory "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location "/examples/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /admin "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/admin"
<Directory "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/admin">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /admin/servlet /admin
<Location "/admin/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location "/admin/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT
Alias /test "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/test"
<Directory "/home/flalone/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b8/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location "/test/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
<Location "/test/META-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

 I include the above at the end of my httpd.conf file and it works fine. I
want all the above directories to be used in my testing.

I only need of my VHOST on apache to use TOMCAT, so do I only have to use my
one server.xml file? With out any Modifications?

Here is how my vhost that I'm using looks in my httpd.conf file on apache:
(This works flawless on Apache1.3.12

<VirtualHost www.accessiblegateway.com>
    ServerAdmin root@localhost
    DocumentRoot /www/accessible
    ServerName accessiblegateway.com
</VirtualHost>

What and WHERE do I have to change and add to these two configurations above
to allow this virtual host on Apache use Tomcat?

I'm sorry for the length of this queston, I will very much appreciate
anyones help.

Thank You
Frank LaLone