Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2008/02/18 03:15:47 UTC

board report due tomorrow

Does anyone have anything special that they would like me to
pass on to the ASF board?  Our last report was Nov 12, and since
then we have

Released Apache HTTP Server 2.2.8, 2.0.63, and 1.3.41.

Added two PMC members: Guenter Knauf and Tony Stevenson
Added three committers: Davi Arnaut, Issac Goldstand (httpd),
                         and Niklas Edmundsson (httpd),

Participated in the IETF httpbis WG, where Roy has submitted two
sets of drafts for a new partitioned specification of HTTP/1.1.

Anything else?

....Roy

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Does anyone have anything special that they would like me to
> pass on to the ASF board?  Our last report was Nov 12, and since
> then we have
>
> Released Apache HTTP Server 2.2.8, 2.0.63, and 1.3.41.
>
> Added two PMC members: Guenter Knauf and Tony Stevenson
> Added three committers: Davi Arnaut, Issac Goldstand (httpd),
>                         and Niklas Edmundsson (httpd),
>
> Participated in the IETF httpbis WG, where Roy has submitted two
> sets of drafts for a new partitioned specification of HTTP/1.1.

2 attempted (retracted) candidates for mod_ftp, with >5 participants
reviewing that code base, and a third try scheduled shortly?

Otherwise looks complete.

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 18.02.2008, at 21:09, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>>> I hope this link works, as I haven't used Markmail's new UI very
>>> much yet:
>>> http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=mod_dns#query:mod_dns+page:1
>>> +mid:juhrpyxq635mhy6n+state:results
>>
>> Ah, the problem with having a proposal that lots of people +1 and
>> nobody
>> concludes with a "okay, it's approved, now here's what we do next"
>> message
>
> I've started to dive into that - and am quite prepared to wack it
> into shape. However I've only found iCLA's and cCLA's sofar - and
> am waiting for Jonathan to let me know if there is a software grant
> for mod_dns itself.

It's recorded in grants.txt for "Mod_dns" - though I couldn't find a
scan for it.

Cheers,
Erik

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>>> I hope this link works, as I haven't used Markmail's new UI very much
>>> yet:
>>> http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=mod_dns#query:mod_dns+page:1+mid:juhrpyxq635mhy6n+state:results
>>>

>> Ah, the problem with having a proposal that lots of people +1 and nobody
>> concludes with a "okay, it's approved, now here's what we do next"
>> message
>
> I've started to dive into that - and am quite prepared to wack it into
> shape. However I've only found iCLA's and cCLA's sofar - and am waiting
> for Jonathan to let me know if there is a software grant for mod_dns
> itself.
>
> Or alternatively - Issac -- was the entire mod_dns writtien under the
> iCLA/cCLA's ? And if so which and from what date onwards ?

I'm not sure.  It was always our intent to "probably" release it to the
community, and I'm fairly sure that Appendix A of our CCLA included me
on it before we started work on it.  But I don't know if that really
counts...

However, we sent in a specific IP grant covering the full project. (I
think it was sent to secretary@ on Nov 15).

   Issac

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Feb 18, 2008, at 9:56 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>> Eli Marmor, CEO / Representing Netmask (El-Mar) Internet
>>> Technologies, Ltd.
>>>   "Mod_dns"
>>> So it's been rec'd for awhile (since ApacheCon in fact)
>>
>> Right.  I can dig up a scan and resend to secretary@ if it's been
>> misplaced and someone wants it.
>>
> No need. I'm sure we have the scan, it's just not committed yet. Once
> noted in the file, it's golden.

Jim - otherwise just let me know an md5, version number or URL that
was on the Fax - so I/we can take that very version  and import it. Or
given that Issac now has commit - he can do the deed himself; perhaps
with a few 'diff before commit' if there are questions,

Dw.

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> Nick Kew wrote:

>>> That'll be *cough* _provisionally_ adopted.  Decisions are made on-
>>> list.
>>> Remind me where to find the thread.
>>
>> I hope this link works, as I haven't used Markmail's new UI very
>> much yet:
>> http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=mod_dns#query:mod_dns+page:1+mid:juhrpyxq635mhy6n+state:results
>
> Ah, the problem with having a proposal that lots of people +1 and
> nobody
> concludes with a "okay, it's approved, now here's what we do next"
> message

I've started to dive into that - and am quite prepared to wack it into
shape. However I've only found iCLA's and cCLA's sofar - and am
waiting for Jonathan to let me know if there is a software grant for
mod_dns itself.

Or alternatively - Issac -- was the entire mod_dns writtien under the
iCLA/cCLA's ? And if so which and from what date onwards ?

Dw

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:32 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>> On 18 Feb 2008, at 08:29, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we also adopted mod_dns at Apachecon,
>> That'll be *cough* _provisionally_ adopted.  Decisions are made on-
>> list.
>> Remind me where to find the thread.
>
> I hope this link works, as I haven't used Markmail's new UI very
> much yet:
> http://httpd.markmail.org/search/?q=mod_dns#query:mod_dns+page:1
> +mid:juhrpyxq635mhy6n+state:results

Ah, the problem with having a proposal that lots of people +1 and nobody
concludes with a "okay, it's approved, now here's what we do next"
message
is that everyone assumes someone else is handling it.  I should have
picked
it up when your ping went unanswered.

>>> although it's *cough cough* still not in SVN :)
>> Evidently no committer has taken up the baton.
>> *cough*  :-)
>
> Interestingly enough, I thought *that* was provisional, since those
> votes happened on the PMC list and while some folks told me
> informally that it had happened, this is the first notice I've seen
> it "formally" anywhere - I suppose I never tried to actually use
> the commit bits yet either; I only looked at Jim's committer list
> once or twice since then, (which is embarassingly up-to-date now,
> though I swear it only listed me on httpd-apreq last time I
> looked... :D)

Likewise, I thought (from the commentary) that someone on the PMC was
already
helping you with the process, and since you were already a committer
on apreq
and already asked for the commit access... in other words, none of
the normal
things that would cause me to send you a message when I added the karma
applied.  Too many assumptions.

> Anyway, I'll shut up and stop making a public fool of myself now.

Nah, nothing would ever happen around here if we didn't have reminders.
Let's finish the mod_dns stuff on its own thread.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

Re: board report due tomorrow

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
I think we also adopted mod_dns at Apachecon, although it's *cough
cough* still not in SVN :)

   Issac