Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 22:57:12 UTC

Jetty 9.2 OSGi upgrade

I've finished all the work for the Jetty 9.2 upgrade, except for the OSGi
piece.  The web console and demo work all of the WebSocket support has been
converted to the new APIs.  I've also fixed all of the tests in the http
module that were relying on the old Jetty APIs.

However, the karaf integration tests don't work and it looks like Karaf
might need to be upgraded to make it compatible with Jetty 9, or some work
will need to be done to make Jetty 9 work in the older version of Karaf we
are using (2.4).  For example, the pax-web-features which is part of Karaf
appears to be too old.

My OSGi experience is pretty limited so I was wondering if there was anyone
with more OSGi experience who might volunteer to take a look at this
piece?  I was thinking about creating a new Jira subtask for the OSGi piece.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Jetty 9.2 OSGi upgrade

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Quick update on this...

I had some time to look more into this and I was able to upgrade to Karaf 4
(as well as associated dependencies).  I went through and fixed all of the
karaf integration tests and started everything up successfully.  I won't
have time the rest of this week but I should be able push up the Jetty
commit along with the OSGi changes sometime early next week.

Re: Jetty 9.2 OSGi upgrade

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jetty 9.2 OSGi upgrade

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.