Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Kevin Hamilton <kh...@umem.org> on 2012/12/11 19:17:17 UTC

Retrieving Salts

Hello,

I use the SSHA512 Hashing Interceptor to store passwords. I was wondering
if there is any way to retrieve these salts after the fact. Where are they
stored?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Retrieving Salts

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
this is indeed the case, one can use the PasswordUtil's methods if needed
for retrieving various parts
of a hash

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/trunk/ldap/model/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/model/password/PasswordUtil.java?view=markup