Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/01/20 19:57:09 UTC

Missing board reports - enough activity and interest?

Hi,

The community has missed more than a few board reports
recently. Is there enough interest and activity in this
community to move forward or is it time to think about
the Attic?

Cheers,
Chris
(on behalf of the ASF board)

Re: Missing board reports - enough activity and interest?

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
(Please note the mixed public/private mailing lists)

No worries about the Attic - any Apache project that can gather three
PMC members to ensure we have oversight of security issues and could
roll a new release is just fine.

The issue is that the Apache board needs to see reports from the project
PMC on a regular basis.  Even though there is some activity on the
mailing list and some fixes in JIRA, we still need to see that PMC
members are providing the level of oversight about how the whole project
is running that we expect from Apache projects.

It's not much, but providing quarterly reports to the board *is*
required.  That's why we're asking.  Details on what should be in the
report are simple:

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting
  https://reporter.apache.org/

Thanks,

- Shane

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Moving forward from my pov.

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
OpenJPA is used by various projects and in production environments.  It is
also required for customer support and continuous enhancements, e.g. JPA
2.1  As other mentioned, it needs TLC to keep it more lively as it used to
be.

Albert

--
Albert Lee.