Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2008/07/11 12:28:50 UTC

Solr searching issue..

Hi solr-users,

version type: nightly build solr-2008-07-07

If I search for name John, it finds it with out any issues ,,,, On the other hand if I search for Joh* , it also finds all the possible matches. However, if
I search for "Joh".. it doesn't find any possible match.... in other word, it doesn't find name john if you don't specify the exact name..

Does anybody know what I'm missing here?

thanks
ak
The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/

RE: Solr searching issue..

Posted by sundar shankar <su...@hotmail.com>.
What was the type of the field that you are using. I guess you could achieve it by a simple swap of text and string.

> From: akam123@hotmail.co.uk> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Solr searching issue..> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:28:50 +0100> > > Hi solr-users, > > version type: nightly build solr-2008-07-07> > If I search for name John, it finds it with out any issues ,,,, On the other hand if I search for Joh* , it also finds all the possible matches. However, if > I search for "Joh".. it doesn't find any possible match.... in other word, it doesn't find name john if you don't specify the exact name..> > Does anybody know what I'm missing here?> > thanks> ak> _________________________________________________________________> The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/
Chose your Life Partner? Join MSN Matrimony
http://www.shaadi.com/msn/matrimony.php

RE: Solr searching issue..

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
thanks,,
I will give it a try and get back to you

> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:14:11 +0530
> From: shalinmangar@gmail.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Solr searching issue..
>
> You can use EdgeNGramTokenizer available with Solr 1.3 to achieve this. But
> I'd think again about introducing this kind of search as n-grams can bloat
> your index size.
>
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM, dudes dudes  wrote:
>

>> Hi solr-users,
>>
>> version type: nightly build solr-2008-07-07
>>
>> If I search for name John, it finds it with out any issues ,,,, On the
>> other hand if I search for Joh* , it also finds all the possible matches.
>> However, if
>> I search for "Joh".. it doesn't find any possible match.... in other word,
>> it doesn't find name john if you don't specify the exact name..
>>
>> Does anybody know what I'm missing here?
>>
>> thanks
>> ak
>> The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
>> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/
>

> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Invite your Facebook friends to chat on Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719649/direct/01/

RE: Solr searching issue..

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
with some strange reason my copy and paste didn't work !!! sorry to terrible you all.. hope you can see them now..
> From: akam123@hotmail.co.uk
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Solr searching issue..
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:17:32 +0100
>

> Hi again,
>
> I have done the followings, but I do get zero replies .. please let me know what I have done wrong... thanks
>
> version type: nightly build solr-2008-07-07
>
> // for n-gram

> So, if i search for john,,, john will be found with out any problems... if I search for "joh" I'm not getting any results back,,,
>
> thanks
> ak

>> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:14:11 +0530
>> From: shalinmangar@gmail.com
>> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Solr searching issue..
>>
>> You can use EdgeNGramTokenizer available with Solr 1.3 to achieve this. But
>> I'd think again about introducing this kind of search as n-grams can bloat
>> your index size.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM, dudes dudes  wrote:
>>

>>> Hi solr-users,
>>>
>>> version type: nightly build solr-2008-07-07
>>>
>>> If I search for name John, it finds it with out any issues ,,,, On the
>>> other hand if I search for Joh* , it also finds all the possible matches.
>>> However, if
>>> I search for "Joh".. it doesn't find any possible match.... in other word,
>>> it doesn't find name john if you don't specify the exact name..
>>>
>>> Does anybody know what I'm missing here?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> ak
>>> The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
>>> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

> 100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search

Play and win great prizes with Live Search and Kung Fu Panda
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719966/direct/01/

RE: Solr searching issue..

Posted by dudes dudes <ak...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi again,

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/

Re: Solr searching issue..

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Max Warming searchers error

Posted by sundar shankar <su...@hotmail.com>.
Yeah I guess I was optmizing every 1000 records while indexing. I changed that now and it doesnt seem to be happening at least on the dev box. But the question still remains on why solr was out of max warmers.  I was running just one thread that was pulling up data from the DB and indexing it. There should have been only one warmer used in that case right. Am I missing something? If I am, can some one please tell me on how warmers work. Will really be helpful.

> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:00:00 -0400> From: yonik@apache.org> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Re: Max Warming searchers error> > You're trying to commit too fast and warming searchers are stacking up.> Do less warming of caches, or space out your commits a little more.> > -Yonik> > On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:56 AM, sundar shankar> <su...@hotmail.com> wrote:> > Hi ,> > I am getting the "Error opening new searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=4, try again later." My configuration includes enabling coldSearchers to true and Having number of maxWarmimgSearchers as 4. We expect a max of 40 concurrent users but an average of 5-10 at most times. Would this configuration not work?> >> > -Sundar> > _________________________________________________________________> > Wish to Marry Now? Click Here to Register FREE> > http://www.shaadi.com/registration/user/index.php?ptnr=mhottag
Missed your favourite programme? Stop surfing TV channels and start planning your weekend TV viewing with our comprehensive TV Listing
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/TV/TVListing.aspx

Re: Max Warming searchers error

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sundar shankar <su...@hotmail.com>.
OOps,
 Sorry about that.

> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:13:51 -0700> From: hossman_lucene@fucit.org> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Re: Max Warming searchers error> > > : Subject: Max Warming searchers error> : In-Reply-To: <BL...@phx.gbl>> : References: <BL...@phx.gbl>> > http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack> Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists> > When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to > an existing message, instead start a fresh email. Even if you change the > subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread > you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less > attention. It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives > particularly difficult.> See Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking> > > > > > -Hoss>
Wish to Marry Now? Join Shaadi.com FREE!