Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Roy Y Katz <ro...@fanniemae.com> on 2002/08/06 18:52:04 UTC

help with default= processing

Hello,

What kinds of facilities does Xerces have for processing defaults?  More
specifcially,
Say I have the following Schema bit:

   <element name="zebra" default="TEXT"/>

and the following XML bit:

   <name/>

 In my case, our Schema contains hundreds of such tags, of which only a
few 'override' their Schema-default values.  I want the rest of the
tags' values provided by the default= Schema settings.  Does Xerces
provide a facility to automatically  fill in the default text as it
creates the DOM from the XML?

Thanks,

Roey Katz

---------
[disclaimer:  the content expressed in this email is entirely my own and
not of my employer]