Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 14:59:42 UTC

Bug in SqlHelper

Hi folks,

just found a bug in SqlHelper (I would add a bug entry in JIRA but the
server seems to be down).
Assume that I have an persistent class with two Timestamp columns, say
'startTime' and 'endTime', and I want to query for all instances that
happen after a certain time, say 10 o'clock, regardless of the day.
With PostgreSQL, I'd use a criteria like:

criteria.addGreaterOrEqualThan(
    "DATE_TRUNC('minute', endTime) - DATE_TRUNC('day', endTime) + TIME '00:00'",
    startTimeToQueryFor);

However, this fails with a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in the
SqlHelper (1.0 branch from CVS):

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.SqlHelper.splitPath(SqlHelper.java:112)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.SqlHelper.cleanPath(SqlHelper.java:65)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlQueryStatement.buildJoinTreeForColumn(SqlQueryStatement.java:1646)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlQueryStatement.buildJoinTree(SqlQueryStatement.java:1628)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlQueryStatement.splitCriteria(SqlQueryStatement.java:1705)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlQueryStatement.<init>(SqlQueryStatement.java:145)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlQueryStatement.<init>(SqlQueryStatement.java:97)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlSelectStatement.<init>(SqlSelectStatement.java:51)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.sql.SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl.getPreparedSelectStatement(SqlGeneratorDefaultImpl.java:150)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(JdbcAccessImpl.java:318)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(RsQueryObject.java:72)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(RsIterator.java:185)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.RsIteratorFactoryImpl.createRsIterator(RsIteratorFactoryImpl.java:58)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getRsIteratorFromQuery(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:2047)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getIteratorFromQuery(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1605)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:116)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:255)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(QueryReferenceBroker.java:275)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getCollectionByQuery(PersistenceBrokerImpl.java:1461)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:366)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(DelegatingPersistenceBroker.java:366)

any ideas ?

Tom

Re: Bug in SqlHelper

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
> we already have class path hints. what is the path hint supposed to do ?

It would allow the user to explicitly specify which paths are used in
the criteria. Obviously its usage would require the specification of
all paths, but then it would make matters a lot easier for OJB as it
would only have to replace these paths rather than having to search
for possible paths.

But I could also create a slightly more sophisticated SQL expression
recognizer - I have to deal with the SQL specifics of the various
databases anyway in DdlUtils - if that's any help ?

Tom

Re: Bug in SqlHelper

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi tom,

we already have class path hints. what is the path hint supposed to do ?

jakob

Re: Bug in SqlHelper

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug in SqlHelper