Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Patrick <fe...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/12 19:56:50 UTC

Hopefully a common Validation error

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

I am having a problem with struts validation.  It seems everything is
working GREAT as far as the javascript being created and working fine
for the rules of my validation.  The problem I am having is that it
is not showing my error message.  The message that is defined in my
applResources.properties file should be showing up when the
javascript error message pops up, but it's not.  I can view the
source code of the created jsp and notice that in the dynamic
javascript that the part of the script which holds the message is not
being populated.

Can anyone think of anything I am missing?  I have another much
simpler project which is working just fine with the error messages
and everything.  I have everything set up the same (except the field
and class names of course).  The ONLY difference in the two is the
fact that I am using Struts Studio in Eclipse.  But with the main
project I am working on, it does not use the Struts Studio nature and
I cannot create my .properties file the way all of the tutorials tell
me to, I have to create it by just making a new file and putting
a .properties on the end of it.  Could this be my problem?

Thanks.

Re: Hopefully a common Validation error

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Are you copying the .properties file across to your deploy directory?
When you do a compile, you get all the class files from javac in your
build directory, but you have to explicitly copy other files (i.e.
.properties) using ant or something.

On 04/12/2004 07:56 PM Patrick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to look at my post.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> I am having a problem with struts validation.  It seems everything is
> working GREAT as far as the javascript being created and working fine
> for the rules of my validation.  The problem I am having is that it
> is not showing my error message.  The message that is defined in my
> applResources.properties file should be showing up when the
> javascript error message pops up, but it's not.  I can view the
> source code of the created jsp and notice that in the dynamic
> javascript that the part of the script which holds the message is not
> being populated.
>
> Can anyone think of anything I am missing?  I have another much
> simpler project which is working just fine with the error messages
> and everything.  I have everything set up the same (except the field
> and class names of course).  The ONLY difference in the two is the
> fact that I am using Struts Studio in Eclipse.  But with the main
> project I am working on, it does not use the Struts Studio nature and
> I cannot create my .properties file the way all of the tutorials tell
> me to, I have to create it by just making a new file and putting
> a .properties on the end of it.  Could this be my problem?
>
> Thanks.

struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian