Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com> on 2008/02/19 16:17:55 UTC

Maven2 / Archiva / Informations about artifacts

Hi list,

I'm using Maven2 and Archiva.

I'm looking for a way to programatically perform the following
(or at least to be able to call it from a CLI):

1) Obtain the available versions of an artifact in my Archiva
2) Retrieve the latest SNAPSHOT of a given version of an artifact
   from the Archiva

I did not find any straightforward way to do this, except fetching
the various maven-metadata.xml from all the repositories defined in
the Archiva, parsing them, and deducing available versions and the
correct paths to fetch the latest SNAPSHOT.

This is not terribly complicated, but I felt like reinventing the wheel.
After all, Maven2 is doing essentially this, at least for #2, all the
time, so I'm sure I can re-use some module, or even maybe that this is
done already.

Can I use a Maven2 plugin ? A Maven2 standalone component ?

Thank you for any hint / javadoc links / code samples / etc

Julien

Re: Where to put example code

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Set up 2 modules with a shared parent, and inherit versions from the
parent. Make one module "api" and the other "example". Set a
dependency in "example" to "api".

Project structure will look like:
parent\pom.xml
parent\api\pom.xml
parent\example\pom.xml

Wayne

Where to put example code

Re: Maven2 / Archiva / Informations about artifacts

Posted by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com>.
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 04:30:36PM +0100, VUB Stefan Seidel wrote:
> For 2), use a simple pom that declares a dependency on the artifact,
> using <version>[0,)</version>, then you can use the
> maven-dependency-plugin to do whatever you want with it.

Thank you for your reply.
Do you know if I can do the same dynamically, without writing a pom ?
In the worst case, I can dynamically generate a pom, write if,
and invoke Maven, but I'm sure I can do something for efficient :)

Julien

Re: Maven2 / Archiva / Informations about artifacts

Posted by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
For 2), use a simple pom that declares a dependency on the artifact,
using <version>[0,)</version>, then you can use the
maven-dependency-plugin to do whatever you want with it.
For 1) I don't know.

regards,

Stefan

Julien Stern wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using Maven2 and Archiva.
>
> I'm looking for a way to programatically perform the following
> (or at least to be able to call it from a CLI):
>
> 1) Obtain the available versions of an artifact in my Archiva
> 2) Retrieve the latest SNAPSHOT of a given version of an artifact
>    from the Archiva
>
> I did not find any straightforward way to do this, except fetching
> the various maven-metadata.xml from all the repositories defined in
> the Archiva, parsing them, and deducing available versions and the
> correct paths to fetch the latest SNAPSHOT.
>
> This is not terribly complicated, but I felt like reinventing the wheel.
> After all, Maven2 is doing essentially this, at least for #2, all the
> time, so I'm sure I can re-use some module, or even maybe that this is
> done already.
>
> Can I use a Maven2 plugin ? A Maven2 standalone component ?
>
> Thank you for any hint / javadoc links / code samples / etc
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Julien

best regards,