Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by remi tassing <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/14 02:17:48 UTC

Re: Result merging takes too long

Hi,

After looking at SearchHandler.java I believe we might have a bug on debug
information shown for distributed queries.

>@Erick: So as you can see, there's an extra round trip to each shard to
get the full document. Perhaps this is what you're seeing? <4> seems like
it might be what you're seeing, I don't think it's counted in QTime.

As Erick mentioned, the debug info is probably for one of the steps for
only one node and not the 'aggregrated' time (QTime represents the total
RTT so it includes everything I suppose).

Should a JIRA case be registered for this?

Remi