Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Corey Nolet <cn...@texeltek.com> on 2013/03/23 15:53:28 UTC

Backporting ProxyServer for 1.4.2

Do you guys have a problem throwing in a minor patch for 1.4.2 to back port the thrift proxy service? We have an environment which will not support updating to 1.5 right away.

Re: Backporting ProxyServer for 1.4.2

Posted by Corey Nolet <cn...@texeltek.com>.
If i get my wish, we will be using it on  a CUDA cloud to write directly
into Accumulo after processing data in CUDA. We shall see where that goes.
In the meantime, its been a lot of fun fixing it up and testing it. I've
got a ticket up for backporting to 1.4 series.

Thanks guys!

On Saturday,. March 23, 2013, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool, definitely. I was a bit confused when you said you were stuck on
1.4.2 but wanted a patch put in 1.4 :)

> I'm really curious to see the crazy things people use the proxy to do.
Please keep reporting back your successes (and bug findings). It's great
that these things are getting found.

> On 03/23/2013 12:29 PM, Corey Nolet wrote:
>>
>> Sounds good. I could support the whole 1.4 series. I'm just going to
clean up the thrift file and remove the methods from the proxy service that
don't apply. I could do this on my own but I figured it may be useful to
you guys as well since a lot of people are still on 1.4.* and will be for
awhile.

--
Corey Nolet
Senior Software Engineer

Re: Backporting ProxyServer for 1.4.2

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cn...@texeltek.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
But since 1.4.2 (and now 1.4.3) have already been released, what good would
that do you? It sounds like you would have to install a new version no
matter what.

Do you mean you're stuck on a 1.4 series version? If that's the case, it
would depend on the patch, but I'd probably be ok with it as long as you
don't require a 1.4.4 to deploy the change.