Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ray Anderson <rs...@rb-com.com> on 2006/12/05 04:02:55 UTC

New spam

Hello,

I've been lurking for a while and had just recently decided to try to
put the FuzzyOCR on my spam filtering machine, when I found the
following incredibly obfuscated stock spam (link at bottom of message)

The question is this:

Will FuzzyOCR find/detect the garbage in this image or is even
implenting OCR pointless as the generators get more sophisticated?

I wasn't sure if I could post an image, so here is a link to the headers
and the image.

I'll take it down tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

-=Ray

http://www.rb-com.com/spam.php

RE: New spam

Posted by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@univ.haifa.ac.il>.
Yes,

These kind of e-mails get caught by my FuzzyOcr.
It's all in the scansets configuration and words in the dictionary.

Some other image spam couldn't be read by FuzzyOcr, but this is the best tool for now, that I'm aware of.