Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 15:56:52 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.2 and JSF

I am trying to port my Web app from Tomcat 5.5 to Tomcat 6.0. I would
like to perform the migration in two steps, first by upgrading Tomcat,
then migrating from JSF 1.1 to JSF 1.2. I currently get some errors in
my JSF 1.1 pages. The first time I use a managed bean in one of the
expression values, I get the following error:

According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value
does not accept any
expressions

I have seen a posting that seems to suggest that the same issue exists
when running JSF 1.2.

I would like to know if someone has been successful running JSF inside
Tomcat 6.0.2 and if there are undocumented steps to get this to work.

Martin

Re: Tomcat 6.0.2 and JSF

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/06, Martin Dubuc <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen a posting that seems to suggest that the same issue exists
> when running JSF 1.2.

Such a post does not exist. A JSF bug with EL validation has been
reported and fixed in 6.0.1. It could be that the TLDs are not valid
(Tomcat is likely more strict than it used to be).

Otherwise, if you think there is an issue, please submit a minimal TLD
with associated JSP which should validate but does not.

Rémy