Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Andy Heilveil <ah...@netspend.com> on 2005/01/28 17:21:11 UTC

leaking classLoaders

My apologies if this is a known problem but the archives are down right
now so ...

If I configure using PropertyConfigurator.configure and create a
FileAppender then the classLoader involved never gets garbage collected.
If I replace the PropertyConfigurator.configure() call with code that
directly instantiates the same components I don't get the problem.
The problem was noted in a custom application server situation.
I have crunched the code down to a small test that demonstrates the
problem and will send a zip of the source to whomever might be curious
about this.

Andy H.
(512) 791-3529
Ext 8348