Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br> on 2005/12/01 20:24:26 UTC

Small avalon container and Turbine cousin available

Hi all. I'm cross-posting this message b/c I think this should interest
all parties.

I'm a long time Turbine user, from the time Jason (jvn) and John worked
on the project. Turbine is the first web framework I started to work
with and Avalon was my first IOC container.

Don't get me wrong, I admire your work, but I decided to write something
in parallel. I have two projects on the works:

GuarĂ¡	(guara-framework.sf.net)
	: which is a web framework inspired by Turbine.
	GuarĂ¡ borrows lots of ideas from Turbine, but enhances it in
	many ways.

Xingu	(xingu.sf.net)
	: which is a component repository that hosts Pulga, a tiny
	Avalon container (16k). Handles the Avalon lifecycle, assuming
	the component is thread-safe and has only 2 dependencies.

I'm writing this message to you b/c I think we could merge our work and
come up with something that is better for all of us.

My motivations are simple:

1) Simplicity. Clean and small code, reduced number of dependencies,
always write automated tests, promote code reuse.

2) Release often. The release cycle has to be shorter than usual.

I started my work simply because I think Turbine and all Avalon
containers were lacking this two objectives.

What do you think?

Cheers!
--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz