Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/06 21:11:55 UTC

Re: Shale validation & facelet

On 9/25/06, Mauricio Scheffer <ma...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Thanks everyone, I'll try the latest svn

I only fixed the website, nothing related to Shale Validation and
Facelets.  Which I'm now having my own problems with. :/

Facelets 1.1.11, Shale 1.0.4-SNAPSHOT, MyFaces Core 1.1.4

I'm trying to add a required validator to a Facelets template, and
MyFaces is complaining "Unknown validator id
'org.apache.shale.validator.CommonsValidator'."

With this in accessRequest.xhtml

                <h:outputText value="#{messages['prompt.effectiveDate']}"/>
                <h:inputText id="effectiveDate"
                             value="#{effectiveDate}">
                    <s:commonsValidator
                                type="required"
                                arg="#{messages['prompt.effectiveDate']}"
                             server="true"
                             client="false"/>
                </h:inputText>
                <h:message for="effectiveDate" styleClass="errors"/>

The <s:commonsValidator> tag comes through in the HTML.  Fair enough.

If I add a Facelets tag file (and the corresponding web.xml context param,)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/dtd/facelet-taglib_1_0.dtd">

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://shale.apache.org/validator</namespace>
    <tag>
        <tag-name>commonsValidator</tag-name>
        <validator>
            <validator-id>org.apache.shale.validator.CommonsValidator</validator-id>
        </validator>
    </tag>
</facelet-taglib>

then I get:

javax.faces.FacesException: Unknown validator id
'org.apache.shale.validator.CommonsValidator'.
	at org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.createValidator(ApplicationImpl.java:600)
	at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ValidateHandler.createValidator(ValidateHandler.java:116)
	at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ValidateHandler.apply(ValidateHandler.java:90)

Full stack trace here:
http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Facelets#validator

Does anyone see anything obviously wrong above (or on the wiki page)
or have any advice?

Wendy

Re: Shale validation & facelet

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
> On 10/6/06, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I don't see any reference to adding the <validator> tag to faces-
> > config.xml.  Did you do that?  (or did I miss something?)
>
> Do I have to?  Shouldn't the faces-config.xml file in
> shale-validator.jar take care of it?

<snip/>

It should, but the validator-id's must match. Here's the id from the jar:

 org.apache.shale.CommonsValidator

(note absence of ".validator" substring in the above id)

-Rahul

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

> Do I have to?  Shouldn't the faces-config.xml file in
> shale-validator.jar take care of it?

Got it, I think.  The <validator-id>s didn't match.  The Facelets
taglib file should be:

<facelet-taglib>
    <namespace>http://shale.apache.org/validator</namespace>
    <tag>
        <tag-name>commonsValidator</tag-name>
        <validator>
            <validator-id>org.apache.shale.CommonsValidator</validator-id>
        </validator>
    </tag>
</facelet-taglib>

--
Wendy

Re: Shale validation & facelet

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
I don't see any reference to adding the <validator> tag to faces-
config.xml.  Did you do that?  (or did I miss something?)

Greg